- CHANGE from TEST CERTIFICATION to COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATION from 01/12/2017
On 1 December 2017 the legislation for certifying hazardous substance Locations, Stationary Container Systems and Tankwagons etc moved to The Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017 and
Test Certificates have become COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATES,
Test Certifiers have become COMPLIANCE CERTIFIERS.
The biggest changes you will notice are as follows:
- we changed our company name from Approved HSNO Certification Limited
- to APPROVED COMPLIANCE CERTIFIERS LIMITED - ALL certificates issued after 3/1/2018 will be under that name.
- Staff Training requirements - * AH - Approved Handlers no longer exists BUT any Approved Handler certificates you have that are current are still valid for the lifetime of the certificate issued. One Approved Handler for a site is no longer considered compliance.
The new requirement is a PCBU must ensure that every worker who uses, handles, manufactures, or stores a hazardous substance (including hazardous waste) is, before the worker is allowed to carry out or supervise work involving those substances is provided with information, training and instruction AS attached as Appendix1- Supervision and Training of Workers. Please familiarise yourself with this requirement NOW.
- Responsibility is on the PCBU to maintain the requirements certified throughout the duration of the certification AND there are documented maximum fines where this is proven to have been contravened.
- Compliance Certifier unable to issue a compliance certificate - Compliance certifiers MUST notify both Worksafe and the site in writing where they are unable to issue a compliance certificate and what the noncompliances are.
- Compliance certificate issued now has 3 date fields - an issue date (the date the site was deemed to be compliant for issue), commencement date (maybe the same as the issue date or a future date if an existing certificate is being renewed) and an expiry date.
- Conditional compliance certificate now has 5 date fields - a conditional certificate is now issued for the full term of the certificate with a "date requirements must be met" on the certificate.
- If the requirements are met and we update that in the Worksafe database the certificate remains in force until it's expiry,
- If the conditional requirements are not met by the date required the certificate automatically becomes null and void and your site will be automatically flagged with Worksafe in the certificate register.
- RESIDENTIAL LPG certification has changed but remains under HSNO and the control of the EPA
- RESIDENTIAL DIESEL Burner certification has changed but remains under HSNO and the control of the EPA
- Addition of Class certain 6,8 requiring a Location Compliance Certificate 6.1A, 6.1B, 6.1C, 8.2A, or 8.2B
- Regulations 13.26 and 13.27 come into force on 1/6/2018,
- Regulation 13.28 comes into force on 1/12/2018,
- Regulation 13.38 comes into force 1/12/2019